Downloading order for Studio 5000 and RS Logix 5000 Versions

Cydog

Good Evening ,

I'm sorry. I should know this . I'm getting ready to download Rockwell Software starting with Studio 5000 , RS Logix 5000 . What order should I load this .......

Start with Version 33 and go down to maybe version 16 ........

Or

Start with version 16 and go up to version 33.

I have a Windows 10 Computer.

Thanks so much , and have a good evening.

There's an all-in-one package installer that will install those without having to do them all individually. I think it's under version 30 or 31 under the 'extras' tab on the download screen.

I know everyone says go in order, but I was able to supplement my existing that went from 19 to 33, and add on the earlier versions without uninstalling and redoing in order. No idea if that would work for anyone else.

I know everyone says go in order, but I was able to supplement my existing that went from 19 to 33, and add on the earlier versions without uninstalling and redoing in order. No idea if that would work for anyone else.

I did an experiment where I listed all of my versions in a text file (13-24 at the time). Then wrote a script to shuffle them in a random order, I installed in the random order. It all worked. There are edge cases though. I've found that oldest to newest gives you the best chance that things will work out.

I did an experiment where I listed all of my versions in a text file (13-24 at the time). Then wrote a script to shuffle them in a random order, I installed in the random order. It all worked. There are edge cases though. I've found that oldest to newest gives you the best chance that things will work out.

The beauty of a VM with easy snapshot saves

it's not the download order that important
and said that you only need to download the highest minor revision of each major revision
when you install you must install the lowest revision you expect to need and work your way up some files are over righten with newer versions, but if they over right with an older revision you could have problems
as was said before VM 's are great for this make a backup or 2 and you are set to go.
As an additional level of protection, I backup my downloaded programs on my cloud
then I have them if need

It's a better idea to start with the oldest and work your way up to newest.

But v26 is older than v20.05 and Rockwell doesn't say anywhere if "Older" is by release date or major version number.

The only safe way I found was have a VM for each version separately - I do have one version of RSLogix5000 and one version of Studio5000 on single VM's because they don't cross each other.