OPC server not working

turbohamad

Respected Experts;
Few years ago, I sucessfully execute the VB code to read the Tag values in Excel by VBA. At that time the OS is window Xp and Office is 2003.
But now when i excute same code on windows 7 64 bit and excel 2016 64 bit the code is not working even i add the dll files as well in the refrences.

Same code when i try on winxp today its not working i spend my lots of time on it search google but cannot find any help.

On VN RSlink 2.57 installed while on windows 7 64 bit RSLINK 3.90 Classic OEM installed.

Here i attached images for your ref where i am wrong.

Please help me in this regard?

11.jpg 12.jpg

There could a lot of different causes. Is the service name under Windows service panel still the same as before? Are you able to view OPC data with another client (a lot of free test OPC client out there).?

@harrything
Are you able to view OPC data with another client?
Yes, I tested it by RSLINK OPC client and successfully data read. But
Is the service name under the Windows service panel still the same as before? i cannot understand how I checked it?

@Widelto
please be sure that your OPC server is configured properly, that can be tested thru Rslinx, then continue with the rest?
As earlier stated RSLINK OPC client read tags but please guide me on how I configure the OPC server Properly thru rslink?

Regards

The problem with DCOM is that when Microsoft make changes to the security system, it can break DCOM functionality. So a working system based on DCOM can go bad after a Windows update, or if you upgrade from XP to Win 7.

There are alternative products that provide distributed OPC DA connections. Search for "OPC Tuneller", "OPC data bridge", "OPC hub" etc.