Mitsubishi cable pinouts

jonnie75

J
Does anyone happen to know the exact cable pinout for connecting a laptop to a Mitsubishi Melsec FX-64MG plc. I was told by one of Mitsubishi's engineers that a special SC-09 cable was the only way that communications could be established at a price of $195.00. Any feed back from someone with any experience in this area would greatly be appreciated.

OK, let's see how (if?) attachments work in the new forum... utoh

Attached (maybe) is the schematic for the SC-09 cable

Now you can decide if it's worth $195.00 :D -Eric

sc-09.jpg

Thanks for the schematic Eric. It looks as if it might just be easier to purchase one. It does appear as if a 4 channel 232/422 converter would do the trick. Then you could communicate with a FX but you would need the mini connnector to communicate with everything else (FX0). Don't think it is worth all of the hassle.

i can get the connector for the plc FXON

I can get the connector only for this plc FXON for about $10.00 and will orde it in a while, when i find out more info about th type of data or format this plc uses, maybe 422 or 485. I have both types of pc card over here, maybe a program coming to. Let type to get things working.

sc-09 cable

Dear Eric...
to provide us the sc-09 cable pinout was a good action, but I would like to know what integrated circuit I can use to assebly the cable. If you can help, we´ll very greatfull.
regards

Last edited:
thank´s

Now a will can assembly this cable!! You saved my day

Thank´s my friend!!

Less Expensive Option

I finally got an option to work, First B&B Electronics sells a REVERSE 232-422 converter (Model 422CFCR) AC adapter not included - but needed!

Use a standard RS232 cable for the PC, with an off the shelf DB-9 to DB25 adapter.

Then I had to make a DB25 to DB25 adapter cable to match the pinouts of each (sorry I can't find my notes now, but it only took me a few minutes to figure out & make the cable.)

I didn't use it but I also made the DB25 to 8 pin mini DIN for the newer PLC's.

If Eric reads this, could you possible email me that schematic directly, or tell me where i can get a copy of it, I want to be exactly sure of the pinouts, and I can't view them very well thats all. or if not, if you still have it, could you state the pinouts from top to botton for each connection for verification for me please?