RSLinx and Terminal Server

averellen

I've search high and low, hopefully someone has an answer.
Is it possible to access RSLinx from a terminal server session.
I've tried different ways to install, but still cannot access RSLinx through the session.

Adam

Go to support.rockwellautomation.com and search through the Knowledgebase with the keywords "RSLinx and Terminal Server".

You will find a handful of useful and informative documents, including:

Knowbase A23337371

The gist of it is that a Terminal Services session can't access the RSLinx GUI, but can do everything else you'd expect, including use RSLinx with RSView and RSLogix.

Thanks, it answered my question. I was trying to do a DDE link.
Looks like it may be time to try OPC

Thanks
Adam

Similar Topics

Hi, I am working on a project, where I face a issue with respected to Network Dropout. The PLC is connected to a 16 port unmanaged switch, where...
Replies
Views
Does Rockwell still offer reset codes for old school Master Disk floppy's? In a bind and need to reset the activation disk soon and to be pointed...
Replies
Views
Anyone have issues with RSLinx being very slow to open. It sometimes will say "Checking Activation" at the bottom for what seems like an...
Replies
Views
I need to support some old data collection that is running on Excel, but I need to get it running on LibreOffice. The following statement works...
Replies
Views
Hey All, I am sorry to ask this, but i still gotta do it. What happens if I close RS linx? Will it cause network interruption and PLCs will lose...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom