Prolem with DDE topic with RSlinx DDE Server

vibhor

I am trying to read some tags using Rslinx server thru DH+ in microsoft excel. For this I have configured a topic for that particular PLC(AB PLC-5). I have kept the DDE configuration as told in the RSlinx manula for DDE support. I am able to read the data though at times I miss the data and the PLC communictaion is broken(This is shown as a red X mark over the PLC). what can be wrong with this. Is there anything to be taken care of while configuring the DDE topic for this. Please suggest a solution to this. It is urgent for me.

Here's a place to start......

Are you sure you aren't just losing DH+ communication to that PLC intermittently? If you can, tie into it with RSLogix and see if you lose connection over a period of time with that. Then you know it has nothing to do with your DDE configuration.

Last edited:
Linx

Just as Vette said, it is most likely not the DDE connection.

If you see the connection loss in LINX, (X over the Processor) you have lost communications to the devise. The DDe is secondary to the devise communications

What card are you using in the PC to add it to the network?

You might want to check “Driver Information” and/or “driver diagnostics” to verify if you re loosing communications.

Keep in mind that Incorrect Baud Rate and or the wrong resister will cause this to happen often.

Hope this helps