AB 2711-NM13 flash card

SNK

Well I am back again on a mission....
Yesterday, after several attempts to put a PVA file on a AB 2711-NM13 ser B card, I have given up.
I located a tech article on the AB website in regards to making my PC see the card as a drive. Finally. I use the PB32 version 3.82 to attempt to burn the file to flash, using the download/Memory option.
This is where I get mixed up. What am I supposed to do next?
Everyone says that it is really easy to transfer files to and from the PCMCIA card on your laptop, and transfer them to the PV.
Not in my case.

I can do this easily with my PCMCIA memory card that is NOT AN AB product using file explorer.....but how do you use the tool with PB software?

Any links of information would be helpful.

Just curious, have you read the instruction in PB32 for this. If you go to Help>Contents>Tranfering Applications>Download applications to a memory card then it offers a fairly detailed explanation. You will need to have the card assigned as a drive and know the letter.

What version PB32 are you using? The help is FAR from detailed. I must be looking at something different. See below....
I have a drive ready in "D: Drive"
Can you expain exactly what I have...an ATA card or a Linear Flash Card?

"Linear flash card DOS command line
The format of the command entered in the Linear Flash Card DOS Command Line is specific to the card drive installed in your computer. The command usually has the following format:
CMD %s DriveLetter
Where:
CMD is the DOS command that downloads the application to the card. These commands are drive specific. You may need to refer to the instructions for your card drive.
%s is the file name. If you leave the %s in the command, %s is automatically replaced with the file name specified in the Download dialog.
DriveLetter is the letter designation of the drive on your computer."

Those old Linear Flash cards do not work with most modern "PC Card" slots on laptops.

Linear Flash was the Betamax of compact memories. It was faster and than ATA flash fifteen years ago, so Dynapro (who built the PanelView 1200/1400e for A-B) used it as their removable memory device, and you could run programs directly off of it with those terminals. When A-B built the Standard PanelViews (this was around 1991) they used the same technology.

Like Betamax, the superior technology lost out in price and widespread use, and "ATA Flash", and later "CompactFlash" came to dominate the market. A-B didn't adapt the PanelViews for a while, but eventually added support for both Linear Flash and ATA Flash to the PanelView hardware and operating system.

In short, you will probably not be able to make that old 2711-NM1x card work with a modern PC. It can be used directly in any Standard PanelView, but not for PC transfer.

Instead, you can use a 2711-NM2x card (which are ATA Flash) or a general-purpose ATA Flash or CompactFlash (in a Type II carrier) of less than 1 GB (formatted as FAT16) to transfer files from your PC to the PanelView terminal.

There's a gotcha; you need PanelView firmware 3.0 or later to support ATA cards. Some very old (10+ years) PanelView terminals can't be upgraded to newer firmware, so you're back to using the communication ports.