ProfiNet Setup IndraDrive CS Siemens CP343-1

Frosty

Hey there,

I have an issue at the moment trying to setup coms between an S7-300 (313C-2-DP) with CP343-1 to an IndraDrive CS controller.

I thought I had it sorted when I got an error on the IndraDrive for invalid data length. So I adjusted the byte size etc and now I have an Error "E4005 No Command value input from master" It also tells me in the field bus diagnostic that its IDLE:Master in stop mode.

The Cp343-1 is running see attached pic. Then I got a mail from supplier with guide on how to setup on Siemens - I have to browse the ethernet node for the mac address of the Drive and set up that way. When i click on browse i keep getting the error shown in the other pic.

I've tried connecting over every interface on PG/PC but to no avail - I am able to ping the drive and the cp343-1 but still nothing.

Any of you guys have any thoughts?

2012-10-09 11.43.42.jpg

Attachments

• Ethernet.bmp
    278.2 KB · Views: 100
What is your setup of the CP343-1 ? Post screenshots form STEP HW Config.
Have you managed to download this HW config to the 313C CPU, either via MPI or ethernet ?

Hi Jesper,

Please find attached some screen shots of the setup.

I am able to download the hardware config over MPI no problems there - the issue is the error on the IndraDrive and the solution apparently is to browse for the mac address of the drive and set it up that way.

Anything else you need just ask

Last edited:
Please just post as jpgs, dont pack into zip files.

Anyway, I didnt catch that it was the Indradrive that was the problem, I thought it was the CP343-1.
I am fairly certain you have to use a configuration software from Rexroth to setup the Indradrive to mirror the setup in STEP7. It is not done in STEP7.

images were too big to upload,

Yes i have used the configuration software to setup the drive and all is ok on that side i've been told that the error i'm seeing is because the cp343-1 hasn't been set up correctly but it looks right to me - however i am unable to browse the nodes to find the drive.

Hey Jesper,

Can you take a look at the screen shot here - should the send/recv be running?
I have set up the PNIO_Send and PNIO_Recv in my code?

I think (not 100% sure) that the send/recv mentioned in that dialog pertains to SEND/RECV comms with AG_SEND and AG_RECV blocks. It does not have to do with PNIO_SEND or PNIO_RECV.

NB. I havent opened your zip files. It is a principle by me, I dont want to download and store anything on my computer unless I have a very good reason to do so, or it is from a known friend.

Last edited:
That's fair enough -

I did think they were to do with AG_SEND and receive as well but I'm clutching at straws here!

I've resized the images so you can see them - hopefully it's something here!?

Pics from the HW config of the Indramat drive.
What does the status words of the PNIOSEND and PNIO_RECV blocks say ?
How is the drive setup in the Indramat configuration software ?

Attached are some shots of the drive set up

The PNIO_SEND recv status flickers between 0000h and 8180h, which I would expect is normal, judging from what I've read in the help file.

To setup the drive - I selected the Profinet interface, then assigned the data channels in/out (byte size etc.) for com with plc. Used a parameter file I received from Bosch - the IP address is left blank as the PLC assigns this. Not much else involved in the set up.

UPDATE: I was able to browse the network and found the Drive under the ethernet nodes, had to put a PG/PC into the connections on NetPro and it worked after that - assigned the IP address etc. but the error still remains in the Drive - that the Master is in stop mode.

Normally both name and IPs have to match. But I dont know the Indramat drive. Why not set the IP and address so it matches the setup in STEP7 HW Config ?

Still no pic of HW config in STEP7 with the Indramat drive.

You can also investigate the diagnostics buffer of the CP343-1.

Sorry about the pic thought i had it up, gone from the pc now but will post them
tomorrow.

Had the drive with IP settings the same but Bosch said to try blank one, the name is important and I'm confident thats ok.

In the diagnostics all looks ok, do recall seeing external error at times but need to see pc again to be sure. Will have another go in the morning and see what happens.

Update

So I've changed around a bit and got some sample code from Bosch for use with a CPU315-2PN/DP.

I've taken the code used for that and set up for my addresses, now I am using DPRD_DAT & DPWR_DAT instead of PNIO_Send/recv - when I run the code I get an error 8090 for the sfc's & I'm assuming its my addressing that is incorrect, I've tried giving the hex address of the input word and no joy, when i put in the hex address of the cp343 i get the error 80b1 which is fine.

Also one thing to note i had to increase my process image input/output areas then i was told i had to address the cp343 outside the process image area so currently my addresses are:

CP343-1 = 544...559
My First input area from my drive is 256...267
Second input area 344...359
and output 344...359

So which address or syntax do i need to put in the DPRD_DAT LADDR?