I still think...

I still think this site should be named
"the how do I get my AB piece of **** to work site".
Note the ratio of RS/AB **** questions to all other
manufacturers.

You have stated this before...what was that term?...been too long...ahh yes..pumpernickel..is that it?

Anyway to state the obvious AB has been at it longer than most, has the most diverse options when it comes to automation.

NOTE: This doesnt make them better (it should in a way) but it shows they have experience in the area. THE big problem with any company is the FACT that it is made up of people. WE (the people) are not perfect, we have to learn.

I have had my days of problems with AB...they dont come close to my problems with an Italian manufacture and ABB though.

The life of an engineer/technician can be tiresome and unrewarding, dont blame others for your inabilities. Overall our job is to understand the devices we work with regardless of the complications.

Learn to develop a relationship with the local AB rep.

Anyway, this site is a US site and AB is dominate in this market, AB is very diverse and has a variety of options/equipment/devices...WHAT SHOULD PEOPLE TALK ABOUT ON A PLC SITE IF NOT THE MOST COMMON PLC/DEVICES AVAILABLE?

ANOTHER LOOK AT THIS: HOW CAN AB GET SMARTER PEOPLE TO DEAL/PURCHASE THEIR EQUIPMENT?

NOTE: This in no way states that anyone that has a problem with AB is not smart...AB, Siemens, GE etc...noone knows it until they ask, read or are trained.

Jesus H Christ, y'all done gone and done it again...got me defending AB

1010100010 said:
Note the ratio of RS/AB **** questions to all other
manufacturers.

Dear Mr. "Few bits shy of a word" (AKA unwanted er, I mean unregistered guest)...

Please also note the ratio of RS/AB equipment in the field to all other manufacturers is roughly the same.

-Eric

WELL THE ONLY THING I KNOW IS THAT NO MATTER WHERE I GO, AND WHAT CABINET I OPEN THERE IS AN ALLEN BRADLEY PRODUCT STARING BACK AT ME. MAYBE THATS WHY THERE ARE SO MANY ALLEN BRADLEY QUESTIONS. ONE WORD EXPLAINS IT, DIVERSITY!!!!!!!!!

See, all of my A-B products work right out of the box. It's the defective stuff we send straight to you.

Hummmm....This tread never dies... it just keep coming back eh??

This car sucks... compare to what?
This TV sucks... compare to what?
This stereo sucks.compare to what?
This PLC sucks... compare to what?
Your Girlfriend sucks.... ... no comment...

Well, ya all the point, eh?

No one surpass our local AB rep in responding to OUR need. Yet.

Another point, you dont' see too many web site on how to get your Apple computer or Betamax VCR to work, do ya?? I wonder why...

Cheers,

T

Since we've bashings of Automation Direct and Allen Bradley in the last couple of days, how about if somebody takes a swipe at Siemens or Omron or Mitsubishi or Modicon or GE Fanuc for a change.

People always seem willing to rise to the bait, though.

Steve Bailey said:
...how about if somebody takes a swipe at Siemens or Omron or Mitsubishi or Modicon or GE Fanuc for a change.
I made an attempt at swiping Mitsubishi in an earlier thread, but have come to terms with that one... :cool:

Omron and/or Siemens bashing will tempt me, but Steve, you're on your own with GE Fanuc dude... :D

Modicon?... What's a Modicon? :unsure: :p

beerchug

-Eric

Modicon ?

Hey, Get your hands on a Quantum serie PLC with there latest release of Concept software and No other pair can equal these.

The one who love this AB stuff don't know better. I for one am dealing with most brand and AB is not the worst, except for customer service.

I would rank AB and Modicon on the first row. Then... it's open to what the specific project needs.

AB C*!P

AB stuff, what do you mean. How about a mixed system, Monarch-Cortland-Getty-GE/Fanuc, how about a system that is pure Siemens or Mitsu, or whateverver. The job entails learning constantly experience (yours or input from others PLUG here PLCTALK.net) mixtures of what you know, intuition and sheer gut hunches about what is right for each INDIVIDUAL plant and control area. Some are tied to one system for simpicity others to another for function. Plus all combinations for those in between. Humm can I as plant manager afford to send my techs to school to learn this or that system (what happens when something goes wrong), can I afford not to buy the best controls for MY process and educate my employees to advance/grow my abilities to produce whatever product. Base YOUR system on YOUR needs and YOUR capabilities. nuff said

MODICON? I THINK THEY WERE THE FIRST TO ACTUALLY COME UP WITH A PLC!! THOUGH I'M NOT SURE THEY EVER IMPROVED ON IT!!

Odo Streuger used to claim that his boat anchor was much better than Dick Morley's.

"Too much said, why did we respond to the idiot that started this thread, again."

Because you are all "EASY" !