RSLogix 5000 FB Totalizing - Periodic or Main Task

BillRobinson

Hey all,

Anybody have experience with RSLogix5000 Function Block Totalizing?

Should a TOT function block be placed in a periodic task or in the main task? I've read the AB documentation, and as usual, it doesn't answer anything. I've used the TOT in a small simulated program using RSEmulate and it seemed to work just fine when placed in the main task; but I’m not sure how that is going to act in a much larger program.

Any Tips/Suggestions?

Bill.

I have used Totaliser blocks in the main task of a programme and they have been fine. I am actually very impressed with the accuracy of these blocks as I have never really been satisfied with a "roll your own" solution where very small timing issues tend to integrate into annoyingly large errors over time.
Andybr