Wonderware ABKF2 IO server

ettikudiappan

I have a very old machine that uses InTouch ver 16 bit version. It uses a hardware key on the parallel port. The InTouch connects to a PLC5 via serial port using ABKF2. The PC running this application crashed. We have a similar machine, and we cloned it's hard disk and used it on the crashed machine. The Windowviewer opens without error but the ABKF2 does not run with the error message "Error Reading Key". I also tries to print something on my printer, but I get only a blank page. I am not sure whether it is a hardware key or software key. But the hardware key has a label which reads RT/IO, I assume for Runtime and IO server. We are not using WindowMaker. Can anyone help me with this problem?

I dont know that 16 bit version of Intouch.
But as you have figured out, the hardware key probably releases a number of online tags that can be accessed during runtime.

Are the two PCs really 100% similar ?
If the problem on the PC that crashed was not with the motherboard, then maybe you can switch to the old motherboard. You then have the parallel port that worked before.

Thanks. But it was the hard disk that crashed! I learn from Wonderware that though the WindowViewer and IO server use the same hardware key, there is also a software license. They say, maybe the soft license for IO server alone is lost. They passed me a universal license, but it did not solve my problem. Tomorrow, the tech support guy is coming to our plant.

When the tech arrives, ask him if it is possible to switch to something newer than the KF2 (KT, KTX or PKTX), still with the old 16 bit application.

To use KF2 for the online connection on DH+ must be painfully slow.

The KF2 driver I use is configured for Direct connection, that is from the COM port of my computer a NULL modem cable to the COM port on the SLC 500 or PLC 5. No additional card is required for this configuration. BTW, the latest KF2 IO driver software from Wonderware does support a few card you mention.

Oh I see, the "KF2" driver is really a DF1 protocol driver (or is a collection of serveral possible AB protocols).
I assumed that you had a DH+ connection to the PLC. Sorry if I confused the matters.

The problem is solved. The hardware key was corrupted. The vendor was surprised as both WindowViewer and ABKF2 was using the same key and yet the WindowViewer could recognise it but the ABKF2 could not!

Can You Tell Me Please, Where I Can Get The Abkf2 I/o Server,and How Much It Costs. If Somebody Can Help Me.thanks A Lot