Will Panelview plus 6 HMI communicate with PLC-5 on controlnet

YASH_A

Hi All,
We currently have an existing panelview 1000e(on control net)communicating with an existing PLC-5(Build in control net processor).We are planning to replace the panelview 1000e with the new panelview plus 6 1250 (with controlnet comm card).My query is will this new panelview work with existing PLC 5 ? If not what alternate solution is possible.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for quick reply ..........Additionally ..........

How will be the addressing? If i have to read N7:0 from PLC-5 processor will the format be [nodename]N7:0 or [nodename]N7[0]where node name is PLC-5 node.

Thanks in advance

I would check two details first:

1. Does the PLC-5 controller us ControlNet Phase 1.25 or Phase 1.5 ? The difference will be evident in the part number (ex. 1785-L40C versus 1785-L40C15) and in the method of configuration (phase 1.25 used 6200-PLC5 or AI-5 software, and phase 1.5 uses RSNetworx for ControlNet). I am fairly confident that the PanelView 1000e supported only Phase 1.5, but I'm not certain.

2. Is the PanelView 1000e configured as an I/O connection in RSNetworx for ControlNet, or does it use only unscheduled communications with the PLC-5 ?

As I understand the device, the PanelView Plus 6 does not support scheduled connections on ControlNet, only Unscheduled.

Thank you, fuzzy logic.

I was uncertain about the changes to the PV+ 6; I knew that the RIO Adapter mode was going to be unsupported but RA had not been clear about the ControlNet Scheduled mode.

This is a good thing for you, YASH_A, because it means that your new PV+ will definitely support the same communications with the ControlLogix as it did with the PLC-5C15.

Panelview 1000e had different part numbers for ControlNet phase 1.25 also.

• 2711E-T10C7 (touch screen for ControlNet 1.25)
• 2711E-K10C7 (keypad for ControlNet 1.25)
• 2711E-T10C15 (touch screen for ControlNet 1.5)
• 2711E-K10C15 (keypad for ControlNet 1.5)

Ken is right here, good suggestion to check this first, as the newest platform doesn't support the old Controlnet phase 1.25.

- fuzzy logic

Thank you again ! It's been over ten years since I touched a PanelView "Enhanced", and I upgraded the last ControlNet Phase 1.25 system in my region during Christmas 1999.

He he, what a nice Christmas ! 🙃

I'm "touching" PVe frequently here, to swap them for a new PVP... fortunately never had to deal with Controlnet 1.25 conversion during these upgrades...

- fuzzy logic