Dead SLC 500 5/04

DFJ

I just started using a slc 500 5/04 processor and after a few days I am unable to communicate with the processor any more. I get a solid Fault light and have not been able to communicate since. I have checked all cabling and tried new cables with no results. I have a slc500 5/01 processor that works just fine. Any ideas?

Take a look at these...

In 5_04 fault2.pdf you are shown how to reset the cpu to factory settings.

Have you recently tried to upgrade the firmware leading to this failure?
How are you communicating with the 5/04 and 5/01?

Last edited:
A solid (not flashing) red Fault LED is usually an indication of a fatal processor problem so don't be surprised if shorting the unit doesn't work.

I had made a change in the configeration of the rack a few days before, but was able to talk to the processor several times after that. I am talking to the 5/04 with a NULL MODEM cable and have tried to talk to it with DH+ from another computer with the same results. I use a 1747 PIC to talk to the 5/01. Thanks for post, I will look these over and let you know.

Just wanted you to know I was finally able to get the processor breathing again. Thanks for the input, I realy appreciate it alot.

Dave