What can I do with these?

Ken

Wanted to learn PLC from scratch and was passed a 24VDC 12 in 8 out PLC, a power supply for the PLC, a test board, a push button and two 24v bulbs.
What can I do with all these gadgets? How do I wire them up? Where do the components get their power from? Any other circuits are welcomed as well.
thanks

What can I do with all these gadgets?

Lotsa stuff!... :D

How do I wire them up?

Very carefully (and, more importantly, correctly)... utoh

Where do the components get their power from?

Your local power station... :rolleyes:

I'm only kidding Ken... But we really need a little more info, like first off, what brand PLC is it???

beerchug

-Eric

I hate to be the one to say RTFM but if you get the manual for the plc the odds are there will be a sample wiring diagram in it. I suggest you READ alot before attempting it.

Ken (and tamer), you have fallen into the trap of assuming the people you are questioning know what you know.

You have to think through your problem and define the question better, and tehn you have to provide pertinent background information. Back before electricity a wise old coot taught me that properly defining the problem is half the solution.

Now, in answer to your first question, you can simulate the operation of any simple machine you have in your neighborhood. A toaster, or a washing machine, or a cofee maker, for example. You can use the switch to simulate the start sequence, and the lights to show what part of the sequence you are in.

The first thing you should do is write a program that turns on the light when the switch is pressed. Then add the second bulb for the second push. Then add a timer to delay the second light. Then add a counter to keep track of how many times the button is pressed. After that you can program anything - everything else is just more combinations of the same principles!

As for how to wire them up, Ron's RTFM (Read The F*****g Manual) comment is right on, but essentially just remember you must have a complete circuit through any electrical system. Get some paper, draw a circuit, and follow the path to see where the little electrons go.

As far as the power source, it depends on the type of PLC. Many have a built in power supply you can use. OR you can get some batteries.

Next time think your way through the question a little better. I realize it's hard to know what you don't know, but really, it's hard for us old coots to resist shooting at such a tempting target!

Back
Top Bottom