Panelview fonts

Ranil

R
Allen Bradley Panelview external font support
Does Panelview support any fonts supported by Mircosoft Windows.
I have the external Memory card with me and i want to know how to make my panelview show my font.
My font is Arabic. It is supported by Windows. I donot find any procdeure for doing this in Knowledgebase. Your help is very much needed.

Thanks

A-B's older line of Standard PanelView terminals don't support Microsoft TrueType fonts. The new PanelView Plus terminals do.

Standard PanelView terminals provide external font support by letting you define a font file (which PanelBuilder has to build for you) to replace one or more of the existing PanelView fonts. For example, you can replace the 8x16 font with Arabic, so anything done in 8x16 in PanelBuilder will now show up as Arabic characters.

The trick, of course, is to get the right Unicode characters into the PanelView text objects. For this, you need localized Windows, or the built-in Microsoft fonts, or an Input Method Editor.

Get into the Help files in PanelBuilder to learn how to build an External Font File (*.OTF) that you can put on your memory card.

If you didn't install external font support along with PanelBuilder, do a reinstall and you should get an option to install only the Font Tool.

Thanks Ken Roach

I have installed Font Tool/ read PB32 help files and i have the below doubts.

I have Cat no.: 2711-NM216. "16M Flash ATA Memory Card"

Below is what written in Help file:

To copy a font file to a flash memory card :

In the Application File Transfer Utility, download the .OTF file to a memory card. Click the Setup button to enter the appropriate command string to download the file.

I donot understand about that command string.

Also in the application file transfer utility i have selected Memory card(in the transfer type) and when i click setup, i have to enter "Linear Flash card DOS Command Line (%s= application filename).

i Donot know that command line.

I can create the font file. Here i donot find any problem.

Many thanks

You have an "ATA Compatible" memory card, which will be recognized by Windows as a removable media hard drive.

Those command strings in the Font Tool are meant for old Linear Flash cards, which are not supported by most modern PC Card slots but were required for pre-V3 PanelView firmware.

All you have to do is use Windows Explorer to copy the *.OTF file onto the root directory of the memory card.

AH great. Your post(ken Roach) helped me a lot in understanding the Help file. I think the help file was little bit confusing for me.

Now its solved.