RSLinx and Terminal Server

averellen

I've search high and low, hopefully someone has an answer.
Is it possible to access RSLinx from a terminal server session.
I've tried different ways to install, but still cannot access RSLinx through the session.

Adam

Go to support.rockwellautomation.com and search through the Knowledgebase with the keywords "RSLinx and Terminal Server".

You will find a handful of useful and informative documents, including:

Knowbase A23337371

The gist of it is that a Terminal Services session can't access the RSLinx GUI, but can do everything else you'd expect, including use RSLinx with RSView and RSLogix.

Thanks, it answered my question. I was trying to do a DDE link.
Looks like it may be time to try OPC

Thanks
Adam

Similar Topics

I need to support some old data collection that is running on Excel, but I need to get it running on LibreOffice. The following statement works...
Replies
Views
Hey All, I am sorry to ask this, but i still gotta do it. What happens if I close RS linx? Will it cause network interruption and PLCs will lose...
Replies
Views
I was reading about the ability to add a name to an RSLinx Config so that it displayed in the tree, and further read that that functionality was...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I am using an Ethernet Driver and have added the IP addresses manually. There are a few IPs that I can ping in command...
Replies
Views
I'm running into a problem when trying to use the RSLinx Backup Restore Utility where it throws an error when it tries to restore a backup. The...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom