For a PLC 2/30

okiebob

The AB 2/30 was involved in a fire and is now toast. I do have the last backup tape carts and a list of files that were emailed to me. The extentions are .adr .cfg .dsc .lad .prf .rpd .rpi .sym .xrf and .xri ..The big question where can I buy the software to read and then xlate these for a PLC 5 upgrade. I have not been able to extract from the tapes but that is minor now. HELP this is driving me nuts. The file owners backed up systems AFTER the fire and lost ALL of the ICOM LADDER LOGISTICS and now I get it kicked to me. Thank you

I think those are file extensions for A.I. Ladder Logistics, which you mention is lost. I still have A.I. for plc-2's. If you zip and e-mail me the files, I could open the program, print it to a .txt file, and zap it back to you. Then you could print it and copy the ladder to PLC-5. It's worth a shot.

j paley
[email protected]

Mmm. Toast. I myself am having biscuits. :D

John is correct, that's AI-2. That's good news, because the program can printed out or exported by AI-2, and converted manually or automatically (by AI2/5 converter).

This software is startlingly expensive; don't get into it if you can buy the ladder conversion services from somebody else. Rockwell Automation's GMS service group can do it, or ask around locally to see which integrators have PLC-2 service. A simple printout can of course be done by one of our PLCS.NET regulars if he's willing.
Code:
.ADR	Index for description text
.CFG	Program Configuration Data (plc2ll0.cfg)
.CNT	Table of contents
.DEL	Deleted unused instruction descriptions (ASCII delimited format)
.DSC	Instruction description text
.ERR	Error message storage
.IOM	I/O configuration file
.LAD	Ladder Logic
.LIB	Blocks of rungs saved to disk 
.PRF	Program revision history file
.RPD	Rung/page titles file
.RPI	Index for rung/page titles
.SCR	Custom data monitor screen 
.RDT	Report Header
.SYM	Index for description text
.XRF	Cross reference file
.XRI	Index for cross reference file
.001	Ladder backup file (oldest)
.002	Ladder backup file (next oldest)
.003	Ladder backup file (highest number is most recent)

Thanks folks,

At least the Logic shows I have the correct file set to start with, now its time to press the plant to provide COMPLETE file set. Thanks again guys.