Texas Instruments 410

Menno

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and pretty new to PLC's. I'm familiar with computerprogramming (C++), so the logic part of the PLC isn't to hard to understand. But the whole implementation is new tome.
I recently got a PLC (the TI 410). I was wondering if there was any info on this PLC, since Texas Instruments doesn't support their PLC's anymore.
I read through the Online Tutorial from this page and that helped a lot, but I'd like to have some PLC specific info.
So..., if anyone could help me out, I would be very thankfull.

I've got some T.I. books laying around here somewhere.
Just replaced some old T.I. 510's just to standardize.
They were still running just fine. Real work horses.
so.......
If you ask specific questions you are more likely to
get specific answers.

Does anybody know if there is a possibility to connect it to a PC?

And does anybody know what kind of cable is used to connect the programming unit to the TI140. I can connect the programming unit directly to the TI, but I would like to be able to that from some distance.

Menno said:
Does anybody know if there is a possibility to connect it to a PC?

And does anybody know what kind of cable is used to connect the programming unit to the TI140. I can connect the programming unit directly to the TI, but I would like to be able to that from some distance.
what kind of programming unit do yu have hooked to the ti.im looking for some info on a napco unit hooked to a 1029 ti plc.thanks

JDW said:
I've got some T.I. books laying around here somewhere.
Just replaced some old T.I. 510's just to standardize.
They were still running just fine. Real work horses.
so.......
If you ask specific questions you are more likely to
get specific answers.
yu said yu had some old ti books ?? do yu have anything on an old ti 1029 plc run by a napco programmer. thanks