Automatic Announcement

JHuff

Hi all,
I am currently working on a project with Siemens PCS7 system. One of the requirements is that I need to automatically announce the start of operation for any of the Units in the system. Does anyone know how to access a modem and play a pre-recorded message over the telephone line with a Siemens PCS7 system? I have searched through Siemens website with no luck as of yet. I have also emailed for support, but that usually takes forever.

I appreciate any help!

Looks like it will work, but I was thinking more along the lines of accessing a modem on one of the computers that PCS7(WinCC) is running on by use of a script or hopefully built in functionality that.

It is definitely a good fallback if I can't do what I want.

Do you have an HMI??

This may or may not be what you are looking for, and I don;t know your system configuration, but..On one of our production lines, we have audiable alarms. When an alarm is present, it is annunciated on an HMI (Wonderware). We have some scripts within Wonderware that plays wave files (recorded by our inhouse guys) and outputs then from a pc standard audio card to a intercom system, which is broadcasted throughout the line. As far as I know, there isnt any special here. If you have an HMI, you might be able to do this really easily instead. I hope I have understood your question

Andrew