Modicon Micro

jocke_se

Hello. I got hold of a Modicon Micro 110CPU61200.
Wondering if there is anyone here who has a diagram or pinout for a programming cable?
And if there is anyone here who could send me a copy of Modsoft V2.62 or newer?
email joakim (a) gullbergs.net

Thanks in advance.

New problem now, prog cable are fixed and I copied the program to the computer I should use
Pentium III 500 MHz 128MB of RAM

The problem is that when I read out what's on the PLC, I get the following error message. bad checksum on response modbus error code 120

I thought, ok, but what if I write a new program and upload it.
but then I get the same message again.

Are there anyone who has an idea how to solve this problem?

I tested the software on two machines with win98 SE, The first computer is a P3 500MHz with 128MB of RAM and the other is an AMD K6-2 450MHz with 64MB of RAM.
I just get "bad checksum on response modbus error code 120" when I try to download or upload the PLC ...
I tested the program on a 386SX 50Mhz, but then the computer just haltad.

Maybe I should get hold of a newer program that works with win2k, but it seems impossible.

OK. Try still starting to real dos environment, if you have only used modosoft on win98 environment.
(on win98 start->shutdown -> close windows and start to dos. Then start lmodsoft and try to upload program. Is error same still?

with program cable it should also be possible to read modbus variables/data with some modbus serial program and you see if communication is working correctly to PLC.

On default port1 should be on 9600, e, 1, none and slave1 (if I remember right and port is not changed to different rate?)

As a side note - comms issues are due to the strict timing required when using Modbus RTU mode (old programs handled this by directly manipulating the serial port). I have found that if you can change the plc port parameters to use Modbus ASCII mode then you will not have of those comms issues. In fact I use Proworx on WinXP with no issues, pretty sure it would even run ok on Win7

Last edited: