ML1100 Ethernet w/ Wonderware

Has anyone found a way to communicate with the AB ML1100 over the built in ethernet port using any of the wonderware IO servers?

I have tried using Wonderware ABTCP, ABCIP, DASABCIP, DASABTCP servers with no luck. Tried MSG block using PLC5 Read/write, PLC500 Read/Write & RS485CIF Read/Write protocols with no luck. For all TCP servers, port 2222 is blocked by the ML1100 for some reason. For CIP servers, data does not advise. (ultimately times out).

Finally resorted to DF1. Not sure what the point of the ethernet is if you cant get any data out of it... Maybe for basic PLC to PLC comms I guess? How sad!

If anyone has any other ideas, I would appreciate it! The ML1100 is a sweet little unit, It would be nice if the ethernet port would be usable in a network environment!

Thanks!

PS Kind of sorry I chose my handle because it sounds so elitist, i actually meant it as a joke.

I'm currently doing a project for a customer with the 1100 that data logs pH and Flow every 15 minutes with no problems.

What was required for our application was a minimum RSLinx Lite and the 'Data Logging Tool' that was installed to the lead chemist's computer. The downloads for the 1100 can be found HERE.

I know very little about wonderware but if you have RSLinx running (I think) there should be no problems getting your info from the 1100.

Regardless, check out the link above for all the info regarding the 1100 as it has all of the downloads (User manual, Data logging tool, Instruction Set Reference, Web Server Documentation, etc.) that you need.

The MicroLogix 1100 ethernet port supports only the PCCC Encapsulation function of EtherNet/IP. I assure you that it does work correctly with RSLinx Classic 2.5 and RSLinx Enterprise.

You described three problems, that have two or three possibly different causes.

Port 2222 is closed because the MicroLogix 1100 does not support the legacy A-B Ethernet messaging protocol used by older PLC-5E and older SLC-5/05 controllers. The EtherNet/IP messaging protocol runs on TCP Port 44818.

Message instructions from other controllers are only going to work if those controllers implement EtherNet/IP messaging. That includes PLC-5E Series E and F controllers, SLC-5/05 controllers with OS501 Series C firmware (I don't recall the specific revision level; I think it's FRN5 and newer) and ControlLogix family controllers.

Wonderware is going to have to tell you which of their data servers supports PCCC Encapsulation over EtherNet/IP.

Thanks for the info...

According to Wonderware none of their IO servers support ML1100... However I find this hard to beleive since Micrologix w/ NET-ENI is supported by the DASABCIP server. Doesnt the ML1100 behave the same as an ML1200 w/ NET-ENI (for example)?

It is good to know that RSLinx can communication though. I have the Classic Lite version, approx much is the Classic version?

Thanks

FYI: Software Toolbox's Top Server now supports the ML1100. Turns out the ML1100 is a hacked up protocol and needs a special driver (wont work with generic control logix or micro logix IO drivers)

No, I am partial to Software toolbox as they offer excellent technical support (phone). If the stock Wonderware drivers dont work I go with Software Toolbox.