MPI network - how to connect PLCs, HMI

Cryogen

I have two S7-200 PLCs (CPU 224) connected to a HMI (mobile panel). Together they form a MPI network that is connected through RS-485 connectors and Profibus cable. My question is: How do I connect the cable and the connectors?

Is it this way?
Mobile panel (Terminaltion ON) ==> In of PLC-1, Out of PLC-1 ==> In of PLC-2 (Termination ON)

Hello cryogen;
Looks good, basically: termination only at both ends is the working principle.
Just take care of distances; MPI ports are non-isolated, so the maimum distance you can cover is 50m from end to end (without repeater).
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Similar Topics

Hi Everyone, I want to know how we write the data to s7 200 plc from S7 300 plc on MPI Network Cpu 315-2dp Cpu 224XP i use SFC 67 and SFC 68 for...
Replies
Views
Hello , I've a problem with my graduation project ( Sorting system by height ). I'm using Simatic Step 7 ( Programming )+ Winn CC Flexible ( HMI...
Replies
Views
I am new here. I am also kind of new to working with Siemens plc's. Working on a machine that has a Siemens 313C plc & a touch panel TP177A, on...
Replies
Views
Hi All, One of our clients wants to replace some obsolete VFD's on their plant. There are two S7-315-2DP plc's and drives are connected via...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want connection MPI ports of S7300 to the kepware opc server. How can I do it? Which I should use converters? I connected with CP343-1...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom